My experience with Valentia went so well last time that I was excited to try out more of their products. This time it’s their Lift Revitalizing Serum. The serum is supposed to renew texture & tone, deeply moisturize, minimize fine lines, increase elasticity & brighten & plumb fine lines.
The key ingredients are
- Wakame Bioferment (Seaweed): Increases skin oxygen consumption to detoxify and boost antioxidant defense.
- Gotu Kola: Lessens the appearance of scars and increases skin firmness.
- Lactic Acid: A natural Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that increases skin cell turnover, for healthier renewed skin.
- Licorice: Lightens unwanted pigmentation and corrects skin discoloration.
- Argan Oil: Naturally rich in Vitamin E, this oil reduced water loss and protects skin’s resiliency and elasticity.
So, what did I think of it?
First, I want to say that it does have a strong citrus smell. I actually really like the smell, but I know that for some it could be a problem. As someone who is sensitive to scents/can get migraines I appreciate when this is pointed out.
Now that’s out of the way, the serum has a nice texture and goes on easily. I haven’t had any problems with greasiness either as the serum absorbs nicely into the skin. It says to use moisturizer after, but I haven’t been and my skin hasn’t felt dried out or anything (even in the midwest winter). In fact, I really feel like it moisturizes well on its own.
Does it work? Well, I’ve only been using it a little under 2 weeks, so I think that’s hard to say. Also, I’m in my mid-30’s and don’t have a lot of fine lines yet, so I assumed it would take longer for results to show up on me. I do plan to continue to use it though.
The only thing I don’t really like is the pump. If I try to pump it onto my finger, I always have a it that goes “flying”. I don’t know if that’s an issue with just my pump, but I’d suggest pumping the serum into your hand and not fingers. That way you won’t lose any product.
Final Verdict: Nice serum that moisturizes well.